Tuesday, March 31, 2009

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Monday was a running day. Chris actually got off work/class early and could come with me and push the jogger (yay) so i figure this is the start of a great run! And it was for the first 4 intervals on my week 1 track, i was actually running and getting a little out of breath from the running and not the pain in my shin. Then I don't know what the hell happened because when it came time for the 5th interval I was in a stupid amount of pain again! Seriously I was running and crying! So we stopped and Chris has me stretch out and he took a look at my shin. I really think up until this point he thought all this shin pain was in my head, well that ended when he saw how swollen my left shin was, seriously it looked like I had cankles on that side. Anyway I stretched out and we continued, I pushed through the next two intervals (still running and just about crying) and finished the track. We were about 2 1/2 blocks from home so we walked (fast pace) towards home. Problem, the more I walked the more it hurt! Here I was thinking that the walking would feel better, WRONG! We finally make it home and Chris has me do a few stretches in the driveway, no of them really help, but I needed to stretch anyway and then its inside to ice down my shin and pop some motrin.

I'm just getting really really frustrated. How in the world am I going to make it through this 5K that is fast approaching if I can't make it through week 1 of my interval track without being in so much pain? How am I going to let whatever the hell is wrong with me heal without completely giving up my training schedule? They have my money I'm doing the damn 5K if I have to walk the entire thing, but I really want to be able to run it, I just don't know if that is going to happen. . . Stupid shins!

No comments:

Post a Comment