Wednesday, May 20, 2009

making lemonade. . .

I had a horrible day! Not just a bad day. I mean sinus pain, bratty kids, though I was going to cry in the middle of my lecture horrible. I barely made it through my workday without tears (or murder) but I made it. I was supposed to go running, during 4th period I definitely considered not going. Boy am I glad I did! Today's Podrunner track was the big one, run for 20 minutes nonstop. I didn't think I was going to make it. I figured about half way through I was going to have to stop and walk for a few minutes. I thought that there is no way that a girl who just 5 weeks ago could barely run for 60 seconds was going to run for 20 minutes, but I DID IT!!!!! I made it through the entire 20 minutes without stopping!!!! That is huge for me! I'm not scared of my 5K anymore thanks to today's run. I know that I can do it! I have 15 more days and that means about 7 more runs and I'm going to rock them out!

I came in and once I finished stretching I called my Megan to tell her my news. I got her voice mail and proceeded to burst into the tears I had been holding back all day and thank her for making me do this. I really didn't think I could do it, in my heart of hearts I never thought I would be able to run one mile not stop, I hadn't done it since high school, but today I ran nearly two!

That's progress people. . .that's lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment