Monday, May 4, 2009

One step forward, two steps back. . .

Today was Monday so that means today was a running day. I have been getting better and actually kind of enjoying my running lately (a tiny little bit) and I know that not every run will be a great run, but today totally SUCKED!! And honestly I think its my fault, or more to the point my diet's fault. Now this is not to say that I am on a diet, I don't diet, but with Chris gone again I don't cook as much. So that means yesterday I had SpecialK for breakfast and lunch and then a big salad with crab meat for dinner. Whats missing you say. . . well I found out today it was protein in a big way. I'm on Day 3 of Week 3 PodRunner 5K, today should have been the easiest of my Week 3 runs since its the last one, but not so much! I only made it through 4 interval sets before I bonked, oh and I bonked hard! I managed to keep up my walking speed, but there was no way I was going to make it running through the last two interval sets. Oh well. Not every run can be great, but my race is approaching and I'm getting really nervous! Literally its a month away and I can't run one mile without stopping yet! Oh shit son! Wednesday I'll start Week 4 and I'll make sure I increase my protein intake between now and then. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Makes me think of that Kenny Chesney song... I like the pink, by the way! :-)

    ReplyDelete