Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Yay for me!

Shhh don't tell, I'm blogging while my 1st period is working! I'm having them make a flipbook of 10 of the biomes and the cycles for matter in the environment. So I figured I would use this time to do something productive too! :-)

I had a great run yesterday! No really it was great! I smiled while I ran and that has never happened before. I really thought yesterday's run was going to be really hard. I'm still using the Podrunner First Day to 5K plan (and honestly I can't stop telling people how awesome it is! Anyone can use it and succeed) so I'm still running on intervals. Well I'm on week 5 (week 5, run 2 to be exact) and the schedule for my run yesterday was a 5 minute warm-up fast walk, a 8 minute jog, a 3 minute fast-walk, a 8 minute jog and a 5 minute cool down. To be honest I was kind of freaked out by the 8 minute sections, really up until this point the longest stretch that I had run was 5 minutes. So to say I had some trepidation wouldn't begin to cover it! But I did it and it was great! I still run at a snails pace, but at least I'm running! Now Wednesday's run will be the true test, I'm scheduled for a 5 minute warm up, 20 minute run, and 5 minute cool down! That's 20 minutes without stopping, without slowing down, without quitting! Say a prayer that I make it because the IDEA of running for 20 straight minutes seems insurmountable!

On another note I got a few new running toys! :-) I bought two running skirts from target and I have to say I am enjoying them a lot! I am not a person who can exercise in pants, I get too blasted hot, but my running shorts make me feel NAKED! Megan suggested a running skirt, she did her Half in one and had no problems. So before I went and spent $60 on the nice Nike version I bought the $20 version from target. A lot of the reviews I read on the target skirts were negative regarding the length of the compression shorts, but given the fact that I am super short I though I would probably be okay (and I was!) So running skirt I give you two thumbs up!

The other new toy I got was a running water belt thing (yes there is probably a technical term for this, but well its me and I don't know it!). I had tried a camelbak waist pack last week and it was just too much, the stupid tubing kept getting in my way and I was having to adjust the pack my entire run. For walking it would probably be okay, but not great for running. So on Saturday I ventured back to Dick's and found a waist belt by Nathan's with just a water bottle. Its great! It also has a zippered pocket that fits my ipod, house key and chapstick (because I cannot run without my chapstick, no really I'm serious!). My only complaint isn't really even about the pack, more about my odd frame. I have to belt the pack around my skinny part (Megan I can hear you laughing from here) so that it doesn't slide up! (Oh for the rest of you the skinny part is my natural waist, its my favorite part for Megan to measure when she does my measurements because compared to the rest of my measurements . . .well its the skinny PART!) The overall look with the pack strapped around my skinny part and the running skirt and the mini pigtails I was rocking yesterday was pretty amusing. I'm sure the people riding by me in their cars were wondering what was wrong with that girl, but oh well! I'm out there, I'm running and for once I don't really care!

So everyone (that is my 5 faithful readers) say a little prayer that I survive Wednesday. If there is no blog by Wednesday night you may want to send an ambulance over to Brightmore to scoop me up off the road, oh and could someone please pick up Riley from daycare too! Thanks! Love you bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment