Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My pre-5K 5K

It seems like every day I find new and interesting things that my nike+ kit can do. Today I learned I could use a mapping feature to map running routes on my computer instead of driving around like a nut job watching my digital mileage display. Anyway so I mapped out a new route today that the computer is calling 3.15 miles (more on that later). So after work today I drove my new route, just to check out the terrain and make sure that there were no big hills or other hazards. Finding none I went home and changed and started on my run. Lets just say it seemed a lot more doable on my computer screen than it did to my feet! But I did the entire thing and felt good until I got home. I get very excited when I'm running and can see my house, it gives me a burst of speed and definitely helps make it that last little bit. So I make it to my driveway and go to turn off my ipod and notice that my Ipod only says I went 2.9 miles! WTF!! I had intended to go 3.1, I drove the route it was 3.1, but according to my ipod it was not! Instead of settling for a 2.9mile run I took off down the block, determined to get my last .2miles. I finally finished and this time when I went to turn of the pod it definitely registered 3.1 miles! It took me 40 minutes (13:30 pace), oh well at least I did it right?!?

1 comment: