Monday, April 27, 2009

I am a redneck mom . . .or at least I was for a hot second

On Saturday Chris and I took Riley to the Dogwood Festival along with Tiffany, Cory, Nichole and Finn. We had a great time despite it being Africa HOT outside (seriously it was 92). We walked around for a little while before finding a shady spot to relax in the grass. Of course my boy with all of his boundless energy was in no mood to just sit so we all spent a little time chasing Riley around the park. And that's when it happened! Riley spotted a fountain a little way down the park and took off running. Tiffany and I both chased after him and we figured that we would dip his little feet in the water and that would be good. Oh no, not my son! After a few minutes of splashing his little feet he wiggled his way off of my lap and into the fountain! Holy crap! He was in the fountain up to his waist and happy as a clam! So once he was in there we let him stay for a few minutes (it couldn't hurt, he was already soaked) but everyone was staring. Oh well! We had our redneck swimming pool moment and then got out and Riley was PISSED! He kept trying to get back to the fountain! Well Christopher I guess we have to put the pool up now!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we all have our redneck parenting moments! We had a great time - miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete