Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Busy Busy Busy!

Again it has been a long hiatus since my last post, you would think that in the mist of summer I would be full of free time with which to detail every moment of my day! HAHA! Funny! Just when I thought I had settled into a comfortable summer routine my darling husband had to go and throw in a monkey wrench, a big one! I was informed last Thursday that we would be taking a road trip to Texas by way of Baton Rouge this week! What! So I was given less than a week to get all our ducks in a row, find someone to watch Lucy and figure out how to pack for a two year old in our tiny Honda Civic Hybrid! Because traveling in a vehicle other than the Hybrid was not negotiable! In the past four days I have done more loads of laundry than I can count and packed and repacked the suitcase at least four times! I have managed to fit all of our clothes for a 9 day trip into one suitcase (yes all three of us!), I have prepacked most of the toiletry bag and the entertainment bag for Riley, I have packaged up road snacks for us for the 21 hour trip and managed to clean my house from top to bottom. Today after my less than stellar run at the gym I even managed a quick trip to the Hope Mills Library to pick up some reading material for the drive. (On a side note I really wanted to pick up Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, but they were all checked out so I got 3 political thrillers by authors I have never read before. I love political thrillers, but going with a new author is always interesting, lets hope they are good!) All I have left to do today is pack a few PBJs into the cooler and reload the car before we head out at 2am!

I am dreading the drive! If it was just Chris and I, I wouldn't be worried, but 21 hours with a 2 year old! Shoot me! At least I get to see some friends along the way. Tomorrow morning we will be stopping at Ft. Benning to spend a few hours with Megan and the boys so that we can get out of the car for a while and Riley can play. Then Thursday I get to see my KDaddy!!!! I haven't seen KD since Riley was 2 months old, so this will be super sweet! I can't wait for KD to see Riley and see how much he has grown :-)

Thursday night its off to Texas, that should be a relatively short drive from Baton Rouge to Columbus so I won't complain. It a week of catching up with family for Chris and I get to take Riley to see Shamu! :-) Riley loves fish so Sea World will be right up his ally! :-)

So I will sign off for now! Update in a week or so when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment